Sunday, March 25, 2007

My work with entertainers....

This is some of my early work. Back in the day,
I won't say what year but you can probably figure it out!
Back in those days, singers/performers gave a media pass
to photographers and allowed then to shoot the entire show,
from the photographers pit! You could leave with
150-200 shots of someone! It was awesome.
Plus, you got to go backstage and hang out with
them after the show most times!



Then came Madonna.

She decided it was not necessary for photographers

to be allowed to shoot the whole show.

She really changed the industry. Her manager allowed

photographers 2 songs only from the pit, then gave them tickets

away from the stage, usually in the balcony, forcing photographers

to shoot with a tele-photo lens, if they wanted more photos.



Then came Prince! He decided to take it a step further!
He offered no passes for the pit.
He set a photographers area on the main floor,
it was slightly raised, near the tech booth,
which was about 50 rows back, forcing everyone to shoot
with a tele-photo lens. I said enough.
And I walked out of that show!


From there on out, all performers started the

1-2 song limit. It wasn't as fun anymore.

And they wouldn't let us backstage.

So I moved away from the genre and started to

focus on models! But there was some good times!

I was on tour with Heart (super nice ladies) for 2 weeks.

Followed Alice Cooper for a week.

Photographed Grace Jones (who was amazing!) , Bette Midler,

Tina Turner (who is a wonderful person!) , Village People,

David Bowie, Babys, Angel, KISS, George Clinton & Parliament,

Diana Ross, Bob Seger - ok, now I guess I am dating myself.

Really, was about 10 years old then! LOL.

It was good times! I consider myself very lucky to have

had that amazing opportunity and meet some awesome people!



No comments: