Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sensual Male Models

A lot of the male models I photograph have
never been before a camera before.
Which can be good - and can be bad!
I hand pick a lot of models just off street,
out in public. Sometimes, someone who appears very sexy
and attractive at first glance, does not photograph well.
And I have found the opposite to be true also.
Someone with average looks, really came to life in front
of the camera! So you just never know.
The model really has to be comfortable in their own skin.

I really enjoy photographing one person at a time.

Two can be tricky. It's usually harder to get that special magic shot.




When I was a teenager, I started out photographing
celebrities. Mostly concerts. People like Rod Stewart,
Bette Midler, Heart, Tina Turner, Grace Jones and the
Village People! I also did some work for Siegfried & Roy
for a while, in more recent years. -
All my life though, I have loved the male image.
The male body is so sexy and beautiful. When I was 12 I was
in love with David Cassidy and Donny Osmond!
David appeared once in Rolling Stone Magazine naked!
I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was a black & white image.
I think it was the early eighties, I started asking
guys to pose for me. Most of what I do is
"fitness" or "physique" oriented. Sometimes the model and
I can sell the photos to someone like MENS WORKOUT,
out of New York. So it's usually always about the body.
And sometimes the models wants to do nudes.
I enjoy photographing a man's body and
trying to light it different ways.

No comments: